- Appraisal Form
PLEASE FILL OUT ONE APPRAISAL FORM PER ARTWORK
For a more accurate appraisal, please provide as much information as possible about your art, regardless if you think it’s important. Please note that the appraisal will be done via email with good pictures, and on the assumptions that all of the information you provided below is accurate; otherwise it will be invalid. I adhere to the Principles of Appraisal Practice and a Code of Ethics and conduct. I do not buy art; I only conduct written distance and contingent appraisals. For a list of paintings, please fill out the first page only once, and then page 2 for each painting and also page 3 for each painting if applicable. It usually takes 1-2 business days per painting appraised for completion once all info are sent. Thank you for your trust!
FULL NAME OF CLIENT:___________________________________________________________
FULL ADDRESS OF CLIENT:________________________________________________________
FULL NAME OF OWNER AND ADDRESS (If other than client's)
HOW TO DELIVER THE APPRAISAL?
• By Email ________________
• Snail Mail ________________
• Both _____________________
INTENTED USERS: WHO ARE GOING TO USE THIS APPRAISAL BESIDES YOU (THE CLIENT), IF ANY? (By Name or type)
USES OF THE APPRAISAL: (What is it for?)
- Selling _____________________________________________________________
- Own Knowledge______________________________________________________
- Home Insurance Coverage________ Name of Insurance Company_______________
- Insurance Claim and Loss _________Date of Claims or Loss___________________
- Equitable distribution__________________________________________________
- Donation _______________________ Date of Donation:______________________
- Bankruptcy _____________________ Filing Date:___________________________
- Estate planning________________ Date___________________________________
- Other _______________________________________________________________
Please Fill out for Each Painting If You have a list of paintings to appraise.
NAME OF THE ARTIST TYPE OF ART (Painting, Sculpture )
TITLE OF THE ART: EXACT SIZE OF ART: (height precedes width in inches or cms, excluding frame)
MEDIUM OF ART ( Canvas, Masonite)
CONDITION OF ART: (describe)
TELL ME MORE ABOUT YOUR ARTWORK? (The more the better)
1.Where did you get it?
2.How much did you pay for it?
3.How long have you had it?
4.Is it signed? Where?
5.Is it dated? Where?
6. Is it damaged? Where?
7. Where is the art located? (home storage, home walls, attic, warehouse…)
8. Is it Framed? Describe.
9. Has it been appraised, when, for what value?
10..Has it been authenticated? When? By whom?
11. Do you wish to proceed to a liquidation sale (sell in less than 6 months)?
12. Documentations: (if any, authenticity, receipts, letters..)
How did you hear about me?
EMAIL ME 3 PICTURES OF YOUR ARTWORK: (clear, no inclinations, no flash reflection)
• One overall view picture of the artwork
• One zooming of the signature
• One picture of the back of the artwork.
Digital image in JPG format for each is best, that way you can email it to email@example.com. An 8”x10” in color may be required by the IRS. Pictures should be taken straight, no inclinations and no dates on them and no flash light.
HOW MUCH TO PAY PER PAINTING TO BE APPRAISED?
• For Selling Purposes$150
• For Home Insurance Coverage $175
• For Insurance Claim and Loss $200
• For Equitable distribution $250
• For Donation $250
• Bankruptcy $250
• Estate planning $250
HOW TO PAY?
Full payment is due in advance before I start any work. I bill at a flat rate and my fees are not contingent on a percentage or sum of the appraisal results.
• By check payable to Myriam Nader Salomon, 9 Bridge Lane, Haverstraw, NY 10927
• By Paypal using your credit card or your PayPal account. Email us to request an invoice at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional fees will be added.
Contact Us if you have more questions, 845-367-3039 or email@example.com.
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS OR INFO: (Please fill out for each painting, if applicable)