ARIJAC, Harry Jacques was born on August 11, 1937 in Gonaives. After completing his secondary studies, Arijac studied architecture with the International Correspondence School. From 1962 to 1963 he was a draftsman with the research department of architect Sacha Thebaud, and was employed by the Agriculture Department’s school construction division from 1962 to 1975. In 1965 he exhibited his first works at the American Institute, then in 1967 at the French Institute and the Sao Paulo biennial. In 1975 he participated in several exhibitions in New York. Arijac’s work is on permanent exhibit at the ruelle Nazon in Port-au-Prince. Sacha Thebaud taught Arijac to paint with the encaustic method, using a mixture of beeswax, turpentine and pigment, a technique that was in wide use from the time of Alexander the Great to the seventh century A.D. He exhibited in 1965 with the Haitian-American Institute. He also exhibited in Haiti, New York at Wolfe International, in Italy and the USA. References: La Peinture Haitienne by Marie-José Nadal & Gérald Bloncourt, Edition Nathan Peintres Haitiens by Gerald Alexis , Edition Cercle d'art.